I’ve been told I should wait until the addict/alcoholic reaches their bottom, is this true?

There are a few different thoughts on this subject. We believe that any person who suffers from this disease, and has been active in it for any period of time has experienced extreme situations and any one of them would have been enough for the non-addict to make some serious changes in their life. We believe a person’s bottom is a accumulation of past events, coupled with consequences that finally outweigh the pleasure and circumstances of using. The Intervention process brings all aspects of addiction to the table including accelerated consequences.

How do you decide who will be involved in the intervention?

We gather everyone who has a close relationship with the addict/alcoholic so we are able to obtain as much information as possible; family, friends, and in some cases business associates. We will take anywhere from 1 to 8 people from this group to be participants in the intervention.

What happens if the addict/alcoholic refuses the help we are offering?

All interventions are successful because it gives the family the tools to change the family dynamic and empower them. If the consequences are enforced the addict will have to deal with the conditions that are agreed upon during the intervention, at this point the tough love approach will be in place. This is extremely important.

What happens after the intervention?

In 98% of all interventions the addict/alcoholic is transported directly to treatment. In the other 2% the tough love phase begins, where the consequences of their choices are put into action.

Do Professional Interventions Work?

Yes, thousands of lives have been saved through the intervention process. We show the addict/alcoholic that they are loved and worthy of a better life. As a friend or family member you may not realize how desperate and worthless an addict or alcoholic feels. A professional intervention brings everything to the surface in a controlled yet compassionate & caring manner.

What does it mean when you say my loved one has a disease, and is it curable?

The American Medical Association recognized alcoholism as a disease in 1966, drug addiction soon followed in the 1980s. It is like many diseases. It can be passed down through genetics. While the disease is not curable, addicts and alcoholics can be HEALed and produce positive and productive lives, if they implement a recovery program in their life. The disease can be arrested, which means it is in remission.

What is meant by a positive support system or network?

When an addict or alcoholic leaves treatment a good positive social structure must be in place, it is a must for continued abstinence. This is where the rubber meets the road. Twelve-step programs, spiritual based programs, and outpatient resource centers are just a few suggestions to take the place of old activities. A support group of clean & sober friends must replace old people, places, & things. Recovery from this disease is not possible if this is not a top priority for the addict/alcoholic.

Why are 12-step meetings or faith based program so important if the addict/alcoholic has completed treatment?

Treatment is only the beginning. Becoming a part of a 12-step program or a faith based program is the continuation of the recovery process. It is true that recovery is a journey not a destination.

Contact HEALing sea turtle

1-877-799-3889 Toll Free


HEALing sea turtle, LLC and its staff do not provide Medical Treatment and are not Medical Doctors, Counselors, or a Treatment / Recovery Center. HEALing sea turtle, LLC is a Drug and Alcohol Intervention and Consulting Firm, and its advice does not replace the advice of Medical Professionals, Counselors, or Treatment / Recovery Centers.